Wednesday 6th September saw the official launch event for the ISRM Centre for the Study of Wicked Problems in Sydney, Australia.
Hosted by March Australia in partnership with Risk2Solutions and ISRM ANZ Chapter led by Chapter President Dr Gavriel Schneider, and with the participation of leading personalities from across the Australian risk and crisis management community, the event featured a series of presentations and panel discussions on all aspects of strategic risk and crisis management from multiple perspectives.
Our thanks to the speakers and participants listed below, all of whom contributed to the overwhelming success of the day:
- Lord Toby Harris, President, ISRM
- Lyn Harvey, Department of Defence
- Julian Talbot, Chief Technology Officer, SECTARA
- David Bartlett, Industry Fellow / Academy of Excellence in Financial Crime Investigation and Compliance, Griffith Criminology Institute
- Justin Ready, Associate Professor, Griffith Criminology Institute
- Dr Margo van Felius, Lecturer in Financial Crime, Griffith University
- Dave Owens, Former Deputy Commissioner, NSW Police Force | Managing Director, Risk-e Business Consultants
- Roanne Monte, CEO and Chief Product Officer, Armatec Global
- Don Bletchly, Senior Executive, Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Gill Collins, Head, Cyber Incident Management and Cyber Consulting, Marsh Advisory Pacific
- Leanne Close APM, Former Deputy Police Commissioner, Australian Federal Police / Chief Executive Government and Strategy, Risk 2 Solution Group
- Dr Paul Johnston, Lead Risk Consultant, Risk 2 Solution Group
- Helaine Leggat, Managing Partner, ICT Legal Consulting
- Leonie Barnes DSJ, Programme Manager of the Ordnance Disposal Office, for the United Nations Mine Action Service, United Nations and African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID)
- Megan Motto, CEO, Governance Institute of Australia
- Nicholas Martin, Head of Strategic Risk Consulting – Marsh Advisory (Pacific)
For those who couldn’t join us at the Wicked Problems Summit in Sydney, we have good news! Records of the event are available on the CSWP website.
Stay tuned as more recordings will be available in coming weeks.
The CSWP will be holding a series of launch event during Q4 2023 / Q1 2024, and developing the strategic framework that can support the range of activities that we which to facilitate and promote through our platform and networks.
For more information on the CSWP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org